The architectonical type and the decorative particulars refer to the artistic roman environment to which the cardinal was extremely linked for his collection interests and patron of the arts, and in particular to one of the architect close to Bernini, maybe Mattia de’ Rossi, pupil and aide of the master.
The original entrance was on the eastern side, opposite to the present one and it was reachable through a street connected to the Via Lauretana. The villas was surrounded by a large garden and a field with various crops and included also two dependences, one of those has been bought by the sculptor Pericle Fazzini as summer residence where his family lives still today.
The villa was the meeting place, of the Academy of the Tesino Arcadi, arcadian academy supported by the cardinal himself who found in the villas and in its garden the ideal place for meetings.
According to the local news, in September 1665 the villas gave hospitality to Cristina from Sweden, linked to the cardinal thanks to a strong friendship and faith, and in 1827, Girolamo Bonaparte, Napoleon’s brother and ex King of Westphalia, who had moved to Villa Bonaparte in Porto San Giorgio.
Near the villas there are olive trees, today the public park, the Parco della Madonnina; not very far, there is the Portrait ofMario Rivosecchi , realised by Pericle Fazzini to pay homage to the friend and poet from Grottammare who supported his moving o Rome. The work is a bronze fusion of 1995, derived from the wooden original work realised in 1930.