The three floors Palace presents a very interesting stone portal on which a small balcony has been built recently. A grand stair-case of Vanvitelli’s school lets the entry to the noble floor, whose rooms show some painted ceilings of neoclassical inspiration. The decorations were realised by artists experiencing the new decorative trends, which proposed motifs inspired to Pompeian Painting, discovered on the half of XVIII century with the founding of Pompei and Ercolano. Each room presents the predominance of a colour and the choice of the colours shows a strict affinity with the trend of that era: yellow in the music room, light blue in the Earls’ room, green in the study.
The two wings of the building, which was deprived of the third body towards north, delimit the garden “very small and a bit luxurious, but with a lot of oranges, fig- trees and vineyards”, as it is described by the musician Franz Liszt, who in the summer of 1868, spent his holidays in Grottammare and was guest of Carlo Fenili in his mansion.
The building wasn’t used only to live but also as a store as well as used by the of Cream of Tartar factory, belonging to the family.
In 1860 Carlo Fenili gave hospitality to the General Staff of the Army and the Minister Farini who obtained from the king Emanuele II the noble title of Earl.