The new Church preserved the votive fresco of the ancient sanctuary, whose fragment Madonna with a Child is still today possible to see, that is the only one fragment survived from a fire which destroyed most part of the painting. The Church presents four side altars adorned with altar pieces and sculptures.
In 1800 the complex suffered alternate happenings: struck by the Napoleonic suppressions, it was given back to the monks after the Restoration and again suppressed after the Unity of Italy. In the year 1864 the monks left the monastery and the town council, the new owner transformed it in 1879 and in the premises of the Peretti Boarding School which remained opened until 1918. In 1935 the monks bought again the complex, they restored it and settled. From the beginning of the 50ies, the structure turned its name in Santa Maria ai Monti’s Oasis of Reformed Minor Monks and has become meeting destinationas well as stay for associations, priests, nuns and private citizens.
In XVIII century the monks had closely planted a Holm-oak grove which characterises still today the garden.