IF YOU WANT TO VISIT THE CHURCH
Go to: Marconi street (via Marconi) n. 50 - Grottammare
The western side presents a smooth ashlar panel, while the eastern side is back from the road and lets the entry through a wide garden, now used as main entrance of the town Council and as a stage for the summer festivals.
Inside there is a monumental scalone which brings to the upper floors, in some of them still remain some beautiful painted ceilings. We have to point out the State Hall where the architectonical trompe-l’oeil division, frames four small refined landscape views.
After several changes of ownership, towards the year 1969, the palace was bought by the municipal administration, which moved there in 1971 from the previous offices, situated not far, in the same street. In fact, the old municipal palace occupied a nineteenth building, originally used as an inn, the hotel Ricciotti, that the council bought in 1874 in order to move its office. After a restoration by Engineer Giovanni Passerini, in 1879 who determined the present shapes, the Town Council moved in 1882. Later it housed also the magistrate’s court, the men school, the telegraph office, the notary’s archive and the royal post.